Week 10 Microfiction: Krishna

 


Krishna's Origin:

King Kamsa was told Devaki, his cousin, would birth a child to bring his ruin. He kept Devaki in a cell so that when she gave birth he could instantly kill the child. 

In the night, Devaki gave birth to her eighth child and her husband escaped to protect his son. He took his son to meet the Yamuna the serpent. He left his son and took a girl instead from her sleeping mother. The king saw the girl and tried to kill her, but to no avail. The child exuded a great light and became her true form Durga.


The Result of Trickery:

Once Durga escaped, Kamsa knew his killer was still roaming the earth. The evil king called for a demoness to slaughter newborn babies in case they were the child that would one day harm him. 

In the night, an evil demoness stole Krishna from his home and attempted to kill him by poisoning him with her breast milk. The child fed not only on her breast milk but also her power. As Krishna fed, she became weaker. She died that night due to Krishna. When his mother found him, he was next to the dead body of a hideous demoness.


________

Author's Note: 

I wanted to try and make a "tiny tale" of my own about Krishna as a child. I made sure each story was exactly 100 words, but it ended up being challenging. I had to keep cutting excess words to make sure the main point of the story was coming across without sacrificing content. I actually really do think this option is interesting and may try to do this extra credit option more often because it challenges me to find the important parts of a story and focus on them. 

 Source: Krishna, Epified TV(India) 2015

Photo Source: Billeasy on Unsplash


Comments

  1. Hello Savannah!
    I enjoyed reading your microfiction about Krishna! I did not know Krishna's origin story so it was very interesting to read. I have been dabbling in microfiction as well and I have to agree, sometimes it is difficult to stay under or exactly at 100 words. I find it to be fun trying to establish an entire plot in such a small amount of words.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hello Savannah great mini story! There was no confusion in the story and it read smoothly. Reading your authors note made me realize how hard it is to accomplish that with having exactly 100 words. You challenging yourself on this extra credit challenge has inspired me to try this next week!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment