Week 14 Story: MicroReality



 Thursday

Today is another day. There have been many todays that have passed and become tomorrows. Today is Thursday. I decided that I would make this Thursday a happy one. Waking up at a normal time, going through a normal routine. Making myself tea. The start to the day was good. Watching videos online, laying in bed. Self care. I did a face mask, brushed my hair, started the day. Today was a skirt day. The wind was not so much so that it became a pant day. Spring has sprung. The hail has subdued, it is time to go pick flowers. 


Flowers

The middle of Oklahoma is not a good place to find flowers. Wildflowers must do. I walked around my apartment looking for patches of grass that may contain flowers. Flowers, no, small blips of color in the concrete, yes. I found dandelions, blue-eyed grass, henbit and clovers. Gathering my lovely finds I decided to keep them together as a display of another good day. Rocks are fun also, I collected rocks that brought me joy. I hide them away in a dish where I will start my collection. Different shaped rocks with different stories are fun to find. Maybe I can use them to do magic? Who knows!



Photo: By me

Author's Note: As a microfiction I decided to write about something very mundane but realistic. With everything happening in the world right now all we have is the little moments to make us feel more human. 

Comments

  1. Hi Savannah! I really liked these microfictions because they really did make me feel calm. I think it is important to slow down and appreciate the small things you do every day, and you definitely showed that with these stories. I also really like the title. Calling these small stories MicroRealities was very fitting and also creative. I would not have thought of that.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment