Week 8 Reading and Writing

 

Overall, I am pretty proud of how the writing assignments are going for me. I am having a more difficult time figuring out the best way to format the reading notes assignments. I still cannot figure out a format that feels comfortable for me. I am super happy with the way my project website and blog website have turned out. I really like the color scheme I went with of the light orange and blue. I also kind of like that I pretty much carried that theme over to my portfolio as well. I think I want to figure out a better way to place my tool bar because having a drop down menu type of website is difficult with the content. I also want to work on an introduction kind of page for my portfolio. So far I really have enjoyed reading the Ramayana, I think that story has a lot of different types of journeys that are so interesting to read! 


I really enjoyed this picture particularly. I took this picture from the Tiny Tales from the Mahabharata by Laura Gibbs specifically from the story of Krishna testing Karna. I like this drawing because it is very minimal in color and extravagance. It allows for the reader to interpret the scene and assume things before understanding them. It also looks less like a photograph and more like a hand drawing someone could've done in this time. 

Looking forward, I want to step a bit more out of my comfort zone in what I am good at writing. I tend to stick to things that come naturally to my head when reading a story, but I want to reflect a bit more on it and continue to write more challenging pieces. I am very used to writing wholesome happy endings since that is what I have had to do for scripts. I would like to challenge myself to write a story that does not end, or have a typical ending. 

Comments