Technology Discussion

  

Photo by Aidana Khabdesh on Unsplash

I've never used blogger, but I have to say it has been very nice and easy to use and understand. I felt like building a website blog would be a bit challenging technically because I struggle with utilizing technology sometimes and have to look up how to use it. However, this site is very user friendly so I think I won't have too many issues with it throughout the semester.  Typically I will use Grammarly for writing on my safari browser, and I was not aware that there was an app on Google Chrome that checked spelling and grammar for you as well, so I will be utilizing that in chrome. I think the word count extension is something I will actually utilize in other classes, I had never used one before. Typically I would just type my assignments into word and then copying and pasting into the browser. This will be a lot easier to utilize for assignments, especially in posts that are typed directly into the websites. 

I think the online environment this class possesses will be actually very helpful, a lot of my other online or zoom classes are not very personal and individualistic. I think that the fact that we are going to be interacting with other students and commenting on their posts will help to create a more personalized learning experience and help us to get to know our classmates in a way that we wouldn't in other online formats. In my zoom classes, I have been put in breakout rooms, we were able to discuss things in the class but did not have a lot of information about each other personally. I like that we start with our introductions in this class and are able to know more about the people who are writing the stories we read. 

Comments