Favorite Storybook Posts

 

Photo by Annie Spratt on Unsplash


Gossip Girl Ayodhya

This set up I found quite clever and interesting,  I watched the show Gossip Girl when it was on TV and so this drew my eye as a comical way to display Indian Epics. The introduction page read like the introduction to an episode of the TV show I thought the way it was laid out was comical and I enjoyed reading it. I felt as though the introduction set the scene very well and displayed the "gossip," in order to introduce the reader to the scenario that the story is set. I thought the setup of the pages were very clever and easily digestible. The "spotted" section allowed for the author to set the scene and then continue to tell the story in the actual body paragraph. The way the author tells the story makes it easy to understand and also appear as a gossip column in its content. It makes the writing seem a bit more like a blog or story from one of the gossip newspapers, and I enjoyed the creativity.


Epic Women Storybook

I enjoyed that this storybook was a commentary on how impressive and strong women are. This author highlighted the strength in female Heros and picked three stories that express the power that they hold. The author then broke down these three stories into categories of love and sacrifice, love and hope and finally Loving yourself. The author then took Indian epics and changed them to showcase the strength that women have and exhibit. I really enjoyed the layout of this specific storybook and how the overarching theme followed throughout the examples and writing.


 Celestial Weapons in the Star Wars Universe

First and foremost, I love Star Wars and the idea of doing a Star Wars themed project is something that definitely appeals to me and is something I could see myself doing, so when I saw this example I got so excited. I loved that the writer added some music to listen to while reading the introduction to give a sort of ambiance about the story and allow for the reader to feel engulfed in the world that was being created. The author placed the Indian Epics within the context of a Star Wars universe and aligned the plot accordingly, giving episodes 1-3. This author did something unique that I haven't quite seen with the stories that I have read in the other Storybooks, they entirely created the plot from the Star Wars movies and added elements of Indian folklore specifically the weapons utilized in the stories they had read. I find it interesting that they were able to add elements of the Star Wars universe they enjoyed so much and then tie in the things that the author learned in class. I found this storybook to be easily followed and I really enjoyed the element of music and pictures to guide the reader along. 

Comments