Favorite Place: NYC

  

My favorite place probably for my whole life has been New York City. I grew up around the northeast and have relatives in the area which allowed for New York to be a fun day trip! I've gone quite a few times and was lucky enough to watch Wicked, Mary Poppins, and Book of Mormon on Broadway as well. Over Christmas break, while visiting my boyfriend's family (they live an hour away from the city), we decided to drive up and see what it looked like during the pandemic. We were actually able to drive directly through the city which I never thought possible. The streets were so uncharacteristically empty, but it was so cool to see! However, the hustle and bustle is part of the charm so it didn't seem as eclectic as usual.







Comments

  1. Oh my gosh, what great Broadway shows you got to see, Savannah: how marvelous! And it sounds like you have an excuse to go back again, which is wonderful. There is an INFINITY of things to see and do in New York. It would be so eerie to see it in the pandemic; I just saw a tweet with a picture of the Mona Lisa hanging in an empty room in the Louvre... although perhaps the Mona Lisa appreciates the peace and quiet! Mona Lisa is Alone, but Still Smiling

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes! I am so lucky that I got to see as many as I have! I was joking with my boyfriend about the same thing, we went after the new year and hoped to see the Rockafeller tree so I guess I have to go back so I can see the tree in the flesh! I love that for the Mona Lisa though, she deserves some rest!

      Delete
  2. Hi Savannah! Although I was not born in the Northeast, I have family in New Jersey (who used to live on Long Island) so I am familiar with the area as well! However, I never had much interest in seeing Broadway shows, especially with the prices! I watched Hamilton when it came out on Disney Plus, which I think was the best deal possible, haha.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment